Liv’in Large : part 2

 To donate or not to donate that is the question

Just starting out in the world is hard as newlyweds, but starting out not knowing if our children would have a grandpa? Not something I would ever want. In the back of our minds we knew there was a chance to save him, but at what cost?

Our financial situation was almost in the negative, my husband was on track to finish his university degree and now we had this choice. We had nothing but the priceless liver to give.

Yes or no. It all came down to one question. Yes or no? Would we sacrifice it all to save a life or just try to keep our head above the water? Would we postpone life opportunity, money, career and maybe even family to give his dad a few more years? What if a cadaver liver was found instead? Could we wait? Should we wait?

This is major surgery we are talking about. I could be a widow at 23. My husband could be fatherless if we don’t.

Yes or no?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s